Integrate GitHub Into Your Project
If you noticed there's a feedback that requires more attention, instead of copy pasting the feedback details, you can easily convert your feedback into a GitHub issue simply by integrating GitHub with Balto! Keep on reading below to learn how to get it set up.
Integrate GitHub into Your Project
In order to integrate GitHub into your project, you will either need to be an Admin or a Collaborator.
Note: This integration feature does not support GitHub Enterprise.
- From the Web Dashboard, click on your project name and select Integrations.
- Click the Get set up button.
- If you haven't already logged into your GitHub account, you'll be prompted to enter your login details in order to continue.
- Once you are logged in to your GitHub account, select the repository you would like to forward your issue to and click the Integrate button to finish!
Note: If you are unable to locate your organization repository, make sure that Balto has been given access to your GitHub organization first.
- Once the integration has been set up, a confirmation message will appear at the top and you'll now see the Send to GitHub button under the like button.
Convert your feedback into a GitHub issue
Once you've completed integrating GitHub into your project, you'll now be able to start forwarding off your feedback as a GitHub issue.
- From the Web Dashboard, select the feedback that you want to forward off as a GitHub issue. Click the Send to GitHub button located on the right hand side.
- A modal window will appear containing the auto-filled feedback details. Make the necessary edits to make it clear (ex. update the title name...etc.). Once you are done, press the Send as a GitHub issue button.
- Once a GitHub issue has been created, a GitHub issue # will be assigned and the link to the issue will be displayed.
- To review the GitHub issue in your repository, click the GitHub button located below the Like button to take you directly to your issue. Shown below is a sample of what your GitHub issue will look like.
The Japanese version of this article can be found here: https://balto-ja.helpscoutdocs.com/article/88-github-integration