[Error Message] This APK does not have balto.json
In order to successfully distribute your Android beta app, you'll need to make sure that along with your apk file, you have also created a balto.json file. If you haven't, you will receive the below error message, This APK does not have balto.json.
Here are four possibilities that we ask that you check:
- Confirm whether baltoGenerateResourcesDebug exists in the gradle task. Here are two ways to check:
./gradlew -q tasks --allexecute from the terminal.
- Check from the Android Studio Gradle window.
- Confirm whether in app/build.gradle the debuggable value shows as
true. Please update it to
trueif it's showing otherwise.
- If in AndroidManifest it displays minSdkVersion, please include the details in build.gradle instead.
- The last option is to clean and build. Once done, under where it says, app/build/generated/balto/ check to see if balto.json has been created.
trueto be distributed via Balto.
The Japanese version of this article can be found here: http://balto-ja.helpscoutdocs.com/article/114-apk-distribute-error